Welcome to the webpage of NOSSDAV 2018, the 28th ACM SIGMM Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video.
The workshop will be co-located with ACM MMSys 2018, which will be held during June 12 - 15, 2018 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The Technical Program is available here.
As usual, the Proceedings of NOSSADAV 2018 will be published by ACM and distributed at the workshop electronically, and will also be included in the ACM Digital Library.
As in previous years, the workshop will continue to focus on both established and emerging research topics, high-risk high-return ideas and proposals, and future research directions in multimedia networking and systems,
in a single-track format the encourages active participation and discussions among academic and industry researchers and practitioners. Out-of-the-box ideas are particularly welcome.
|The workshop seeks papers in all areas of multimedia networking and systems. Authors are especially encouraged to submit papers with real-world experimental results and real data sets.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following.
- Applications for social media and networks
- Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR)
- Energy-aware and green computing
- Media streaming, distribution and storage
- Mobile, cloud, and peer-to-peer systems
- Multi-core and many-core systems
- Health care and quality of life
- Multimedia communications
- Multimedia data analytics and visualization
- Networked games
- Networked GPUs, graphics, and virtual environments
- Real-time immersive systems
- System security
- Visual search
- Web 2.0 systems and social networks
- Wireless networks and embedded systems for multimedia applications
- Systems for computer vision applications
- Machine learning for multimedia systems
| DASH-IF Prizes: DASH-IF will offer prizes to best papers related to DASH-IF activities in ACM Multimedia Systems Conference and all co-located workshops, including NOSSDAV.
|Call for Paper
- Submission deadline: March 24, 2018 (After Final Extension)
- Acceptance notification: April 20, 2018
- Camera ready deadline: April 27, 2018
Technical Program Committee
- Kevin Almeroth, UC-Santa Barbara, USA
- Mohammad Alsmirat, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan
- Ali C. Begen, Ozyegin University and Networked Media, Turkey
- Surendar Chandra, Kasten, USA
- Mainak Chatterjee, University of Central Florida, USA
- Kuan-Ta Chen, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Songqing Chen, George Mason University, USA
- Ngai-Man Cheung, Singapore University of Technology and Design, Singapore
- Mark Claypool, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Aiman Erbad, Qatar University, Qatar
- Wu-chi Feng, Portland State University, USA
- Mohamed Hefeeda, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Chun-Ying Huang, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
- Zixia Huang, Google Inc., USA
- Pan Hui, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
- Jong-Seok Lee, Yonsei University, Korea
- Baochun Li, University of Toronto, Canada
- Jiangchuan Liu, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Ketan Mayer-Patel, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Wojciech Mazurczyk, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
- Shervin Shirmohammadi, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Matti Siekkinen, Aalto University, Finland
- Hakon Stensland, Simula Research Laboratory, Norway
- Christian Timmerer, Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt, Austria
- Thang Truong, The University of Aizu, Japan
- Cong Wang, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Wei Wang, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
- Zhisheng Yan, Georgia State University, USA
Submitted papers must be original and should not be currently under review for any other publication.
Submissions should be prepared in the ACM style, written in English, and no longer than 6 pages in PDF format.
Authors must prepare their papers in a way that preserves the anonymity of the authors. Please do NOT include the author names under the title.
Authors of accepted papers must present their papers at NOSSDAV 2018 in person.
The Proceedings of NOSSADAV 2018 will be published by ACM and distributed at the workshop electronically, and will also be included in the ACM Digital Library.
- Email address of TPC Co-Chairs: nossdav2018 at gmail dot com
Website prepared by Nabil J. Sarhan.
Source of Amsterdam's picture: kimptonhotels.